Monday, May 23, 2011

Real


If I could think of one activity that I could never give up that would be reading. I was very shy girl growing up and my world were my books that I could escape to. They were my dreams, my hopes, my inspirations and helped define who I am today. Lately, I have not had a whole lot of time to read but I am getting ready for my next show for the Fall and I called a friend to see if she could help me out with my vision. I met Shelley when our children went to school together in a little tiny school by the sea. I've lost touch with her but would hear snippets of information and one day on saw on Facebook that Shelley had written a book. I missed her book signing but she brought by her book when we met to go over the show. I have to tell you that I have not been able to put this book down. It is so real and thought provoking. Shelley's book is titled, Real. They are short stories that focus on the value and beauty of authenticity of hard work, courage, compassion, devotion and perseverance. Read a short story here and there and you will see what I mean. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment