Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving with the Watkins


Thanksgiving with the Watkins is all about traditions. About three years ago, my daughter, Devon, introduced us to a new tradition, Turkey Bowling. It is a hoot! First, we have to prepare the turkey. Wrap tightly in duct tape to handle the skidding across blacktop. Let me tell you that skidding across blacktop tenderizes the meat for future roasting.

<span class=

Keep wrapping boys!

<span class=
The trophy!

<span class=My sister found these pins at an old bowling alley that was being torn down and her husband, Jack, refinished them and gave them to us for Christmas last year.
<span class=


We split up into teams. Here are the Spring Chickens.

<span class=
And the Roosters.

<span class=
Stephen guarding the turkey so it doesn't become road kill.

<span class=
Sorry no pictures of the mayhem, the pictures were all blurry but you can see the outcome. We lost by one point!

<span class=
The winners!

<span class=
The losers....

Now it is dinner time. Every year, I promise myself that I am going to be creative before each season. Well, I am quite proud of myself because I pulled off this handmade napkin rings. Thank you Matthew Mead!

<span class=
The Thanksgiving table. Thank goodness we only had six people for dinner! My tiny little dining room couldn't handle much more.

<span class=
Afterwards, everyone was in a Trytophan haze as you can see.. I hope that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving with family and friends. Next, onto the BIG season. Merrily, merrily.....

<span class=

3 comments:

  1. Fun and your table is beautiful- each year at Thanksgiving our family has a little competition too.
    Wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally FUN. I love family traditions for the holidays. Can't wait to see what the Watkins do for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hysterical - you cook it afterwards, I take it?

    Boy would I love to talk turkey at your house!

    ReplyDelete