Thursday, October 18, 2012

Miss Worm

IMG_0833

Terry of The Vintage Bricoleur told me about a wonderful woman that she knew that would be a great addition to Remnants.  When a spot came open, I contacted Laura of Miss Worm and we talked for awhile and I knew from her pictures and just talking to her that I would love her.  Here is Laura...


1.  What is the funniest antique item that you have bought either at an antique store or flea market and why?  
Well, my current dining room table actually came from more of a junk store than an antique shop.  It looked much different when I first laid eyes on it than it does now.  In fact it's hard to believe it's the same piece.  In it's "found" state it was really quite ugly and it was way overpriced, but there was beauty underneath all the muck and mire and I just had to have it.  I was in a small car and managed to dismantle it and squeeze it in the car.  I unpacked it at home and later was out visiting with friends.  We all loved this little junk store and one of the girls starts telling a story about this hideous table that she had seen there that morning.  I had to tell her it was my new dining table.  After the restoration was complete we both felt better about it, and I've literally dragged that table 4,500 miles to it's current home!

2.  If you had to immediately leave your home because of a natural disaster, what antique collection would you grab?  
I have a little vignette of small blue and green pottery pieces.  They are of little value but they are so sweet, and when I see them all sitting there happily together in their little blue and green hues, it just seems so peaceful and happy.  I think I'd rather save them, then some of my more valuable pieces.  Of course I'd probably give them a quick stash in this adorable little doll clothes suitcase that I have recently become attached to!  For me, it's not about the value, but the little happy feeling.

3.  If you were to write a book about your life, what would the title be and why?

I've actually started writing pieces that will one day be complied into a book - hopefully to publish.  Not quite sure of a title, but an idea would be "Wild Rose," a line taken from the Pam Tillis song "Mi Vida Loca (My Crazy Life)".  I'll strike up a conversation with just about anyone, and sometimes I'll be talking to a complete stranger answering their questions and I see this look in their eye like they only believe half of what I'm saying.  What can I say?  It's all true - life is way too short not to live it to it's fullest!  Sometimes I see myself from the outside and think everything looks crazy and disjointed - that's the Mi Vida Loca part, and then other times it's more like a wild rose.  Sweet, fragrant and old fashioned, but just a bit edgy!  (slight smirk)

Please welcome Laura!

xoxo

Judy 

No comments:

Post a Comment