Monday, September 21, 2009

Country French and Garden Antiques





I was walking down the aisles of a local antique show located in Central California when I came across a booth that stopped me in my tracks. This booth said WOW! The owners of this booth were Pat and Harley Bates. Pat was selling the most incredible antique textiles I had ever seen. I remember buying a pillow that I called "Downie Brownie". It was a large round velvet pillow with a beautiful needlepoint and it was ohhh... so soft. Pat and Harley are quite the merchandising team. Their style is country french antiques, garden and whimsical antiques.  Every time I see them at a show, their booth is always an eye catcher. Pat and Harley participated in my very first show. Their booth was the booth that my husband and I had to work on, in my previous post, most the night of the downpour of rain. We were moving linen chairs and French furniture out of the rain for hours. I dreaded calling them the next morning...Pat and Harley were the epitome of graciousness. Harley arrived early the next morning and set up another booth besides helping the other vendors with their rain soaked booths. What a team! They still participate at every show, but inside the Barn, and continue to be my cheering squad. Love these two!



IMG_3533


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


Amazing French settee!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment