Monday, August 30, 2010

Rachel Ashwell





I am sitting here at 4:00 in the morning and just reflecting upon how hard the women in my life work for their families, their passion for God, and their passion for creating beautiful interiors that reflect who they are. I am fortunate to be able to showcase a lot of these women in my show. I think a lot of these women have been inspired over the years by Rachel Ashwell. I know that I have. Most of all, I am impressed that Rachel has worked so hard for her family, her employees and for what she truly believes in. Yes, there have been bumps along this journey. Haven't all of us experienced that but when you have a passion for something, we as women, find a way to create it. I love the fact that through Rachel's journey, she has kept the core of what she loves, and continues to share it with all of us. I am so happy that Rachel is coming to my next show on October 2nd. I am excited for her to share her experiences with us. If you haven't followed Rachel through her journey, you can follow her here. If you do not have her recent book, Shabby Chic Interiors, you can pre-purchase it here and have it signed by Rachel at the show. I am truly looking forward to meeting Rachel and introducing all of you to her.

1 comment:

  1. Judy, like you I am inspired and impressed by Rachel's personal and business integrity and honesty as much as I am by her design aesthetic.

    I am so thrilled that I will have the blessing of meeting her at your show, and have the opportunity to thank her for sharing her journey and the lessons learned on it with all of us.

    She's one of my 'personal gurus' - along with Liz Gilbert of 'eat.pray.love'. It's not about business, or the china and ruffles or gelato and yoga - it's about the way their shared personal truths resonate with all of us, and enable us to serve others from a place of wholeness and love.

    ReplyDelete