Monday, April 25, 2011

My Perfect Girl's Getaway Weekend



It is hard for me to believe that the show is this weekend. We are all excited to see all of you and have brought our best of our best. If you didn't get a chance to read this post "My Perfect Girl's Weekend", I've re posted it. Many of the places I love to shop and eat, are preparing some special times for you on Saturday and Sunday. You don't want to miss it!





Reflecting back on past shows, I have come to realize how many women now make a weekend of their visit to Remnants. I think the most precious pictures in my mind are seeing Mothers and daughters, sisters and friends meeting together at the show to spend the day together shopping, laughing and sharing their treasures together. It is priceless. Many times, I receive emails asking me where to shop, eat and stay when they are making their plans to attend the show. I have put together my favorite haunts, eats and my only favorite place to stay in San Luis Obispo County. This is going to be a long post but stay with me because you will not want to miss this list for your visit to the Central Coast. I will start off with my favorite shopping places because that is what we live for.





First off would have to be Ruby Rose. I have known Stephanie for a long time and she has such an eye for buying besides her ability to merchandise (you just have to have it when you see it) and her sweet spirit. It is a must and she will be opening up on Sunday just for you ladies that did not get enough at Remnants. Stephanie is calling her party the "After Party". I love it! So please check out her blog for all the details.


Next stop would be in San Luis Obispo at Brooks Woodcraft. Do not let the name fool you. If you like to hunt, Chad and Lyle have quite the potpourri of treasures to go through and great prices. They are located at 2087 Santa Barbara in San Luis Obispo.



Then for a change of pace would be to stop at Le Creme Boutique for a little retail therapy. Kelly designs and hand makes all of her jewelry and also has a fun selection of clothing. I love stopping by Le Creme to pick up that special little top or necklace.




Then on up the road is another favorite of mine, Old World Charm. I love the fact that this is a mother and daughter team. You will enjoy their selection of vintage and gift items. I love going by there to pick up that special gift.

Just on down the road is a darling little shop called Vintage, etc. located at 800 Palm St. in San Luis. This little gem of a shop has a wonderful mix of vintage and gift items.



Heading down 101, one of my must stops is Ron's located at 850 W. Grand Ave. in Grover Beach. Ron and his wife, Peggy, always have an eclectic mix of vintage, re-purposed, plants and unique gift items. Ron has an awesome eye for display. Pure eye candy.



Heading towards the Village of Arroyo Grande are many of my favorite stops. First up is The Green Vase owned by Connie. Connie has an unique selection of antiques, textiles, paper and botanical art. You will LOVE this little shop.

If you are looking for special fabric, furniture or a gift item, Chameleon is definitely the only place to stop. Camay has a beautiful selection of home decor fabric and her staff is so helpful.



Heading into the Village of Arroyo Grande there is Willis & Bennett. Greg and Julie have done a wonderful job of selecting antiques, home decor and gifts from their travels around the world. Definitely, a place to stop.

The last stop in the Village of Arroyo Grande is Serendipity Art and Antiques. This is a new shop that is opening and I can hardly wait to check it out. Carrie has carefully hand selected art, antiques, and garden items to fill her store.




Last on the shopping trail would be Windmill Farms. They have a great selection of fresh produce, plants, gifts and a great petting zoo. A fun way to spend the day.

Now on to my favorite places for lunch. Woodstone Market is place that my husband and I eat at frequently. I love that they are located right off our favorite walking path down to Avila Beach. They have a wonderful selection of sandwiches, salads and pizzas which you can eat on their great patio. The best part, they have a great selection of wines that you can buy by the bottle or glass and enjoy on there sunny patio.

If I am in San Luis Obispo, I have to stop by Splash Cafe for a bowl of their world famous clam chowder served in their fresh baked bread bowl. It is the BEST!



There is nothing better when you are visiting a town knowing where the best hotel and B & B's are located. I do not know about you but if I have a chance to stay in a hotel or B & B, I will always pick the B & B. That leads me to Petit Soleil. I maybe partial to this gem owned by my friends, John and Dianne Conner, but when you go there, you will definitely see why. John and Dianne are the ultimate hosts. They have traveled the world and know what it takes to make a guest happy. Petit Soleil is absolutely charming with it's French Provencal decor. Their breakfast is always unique and fresh and staff is the best. Be sure to check out their website and make your reservations for your stay at Petit Soleil.

Well that wraps up my "My Perfect Girls Getaway Weekend". I hope you have a blast on your stay here on the Central Coast and I can hardly wait to see you on April 30th!

No comments:

Post a Comment