Thursday, September 13, 2012

ShabbyTown USA

Screen shot 2012-09-13 at 4.54.04 AMScreen shot 2012-09-13 at 4.53.31 AM

Ted and Gloria of Shabbytown USA joined Remnants this past June and what fabulous treasures did they bring! Not only was their booth great but they are the nicest people. Here is how they answered the questions I posed to them.

--What is the funniest antique item that you have purchased from an antique show or flea market? and why?

The funniest thing that we ever bought was something Ted bought when I was first teaching him what to buy. After a morning of shopping early with a flashlight, he was so excited about the gorgeous lady statue he bought. He was proudly beaming as he showed it to me....until I pointed out immediately that someone had glued on a different head that didn't go at all!

--If you had to leave your home because of a natural disaster, what collection of yours would you grab first and why?

I would grab my collection of architectural pieces! I love chippy, peely, pieces with patina, like columns, capitals, headers and other salvaged items from old houses. No matter what style decor, or what size the room, adding an architectural element with patina, just makes that room!

--If you were to write a book about your life, what would the title be and why?

My book title would be Pursuing Your Passion. Would you do what you are doing for free? If not, you need to pursue your passion! I love the thrill of the hunt to find those "OMG" items. If I had a million dollars, I would still do what I do, which is my passion. YES! I would do this for free!

I love reading all of these answers but I can hardly wait to see what they have in store for Remnants next month! Please welcome Ted and Gloria!

xoxo
Judy



No comments:

Post a Comment