Friday, October 12, 2012

Birds of a Feather

IMG_5451


Over the years since I have been blogging about each of my vendors, each time I write it brings back so many wonderful memories.  One of my vendors that has been with me since the beginning of Remnants is Bonnie of Birds of a Feather.  Bonnie always has amazing and perfectly selected items in her booth for her theme for Remnants plus being a wonderful friend.  Here is Bonnie.....

1.  What is the funniest antique item that you have purchased from an antique show or flea market?

I really can't think of anything that was funny, but one of my favorite things that I have purchased at a flea market was a set of 1800's hand sewn doll clothes--so lovingly made for a little girl's doll and with such beautiful old fabrics--and the condition was amazing because they were stored for years in an old doll trunk.

2.  If you were to write a book about your life, what would the title be and why?


"All Roads led to Birds of a Feather" because after raising my girls to the age where they were in school for a full day, I returned to work--first part time and then later full time. One of my jobs in college was as a service rep for Pacific Bell where I learned SO much about good customer service. Then I worked for a caterer where I learned event planning and how to pull an open house together, which I used several times a year with the store. Next, I worked in advertising/marketing for 30 years and that was handy information to have with my own business--and I could create my own collateral materials! While in advertising, I also had spaces in several antiques malls and did antiques shows which in the end led to 12 years of owning Birds of a Feather which proved to be my favorite job of all! Now my semi-retirement allows me to enjoy participating in shows like Remnants of the Past and reconnect with friends from Birds of a Feather days!
 
Please welcome Bonnie!

xoxo

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment