Thursday, October 4, 2012

Cottage Antiques



A couple of few years ago, Bob and Cordelia of Cottage Antiques were vendors at Remnants and I was so impressed by their professionalism and especially their relationships with people.  Bob and Cordelia will be back for the next Remnants and here is a little insight on this couple.

1.  What is the funniest antique item that you have purchased from an antique show or flea market? and why?
Brand new in the antiques business, after opening an antique mall, I was excited to find a Japanese dragon ware cup and saucer at a garage sale. Much to my surprise, a customer held one up to the light to reveal a naked Geisha girl seen in the thin porcelain, called a lithophane.

2.  If you had to leave your home because of a natural disaster, what collection of yours would you grab first and why?

Besides old family photos and our pets, I would do my best to grab a beautiful antique oil painting of Niagara falls framed in the original gilt gesso frame. It was a wedding gift to my great grandparents in 1896. My grandmother inherited it and in turn, my mother. Being one of five children, I didn't think I'd have even a slight chance of inheriting this painting, I asked if no one else wanted the painting, I would love to have it. There was so much other original art to choose from, they said, 'it's yours!"  I cherish it.


3.  If you were to write a book about your life, what would the title be and why?

Follow Your Dreams and Don't Look Back

Please welcome Bob and Cordelia!

xoxo

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment