Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Green Vase Antiques

IMG_5466


I don't know about you but for me there are certain places and people that are anchors in your life.  I feel that every time I see Connie of The Green Vase Antiques arrive at the show to set up, everything is okay and well with the world.  Connie collects the most amazing items for the show and creatively merchandises them.  Here is a little insight into Connie.

--What is the funniest antique item that you have purchased at an antique show or flea market?

 Let see, the funniest... I was at an Antique Auction, upstate New York.We were in a little town, lots of snow. Only locals were there. My daughter, son in law and baby grandson, we stood out like the elephant in the room. A painting came up for bid and I wanted it so bad that I bid, over, the first asking price and got it. The sad part was that no one else made a bid and my son in law informed me I could have had it for a fraction of the cost...if only I had waited....duh!      

--If you had to immediately leave your home because of a natural disaster, what would be the first item you would grab?

In a disaster, I would take my paintings, you can have an empty room, but if you have paintings the room is decorated, warm, interesting and art is the best company, if you have lost everything else.

--If you were to write a book about yourself, what would the title be?


 Carefree to Unprepared Reality. My childhood was carefree, I was the youngest of five, running around a beach town  without many restrictions. My family was close and a bit more casual than other families I knew. I got married at 20 and my husband handled most of the financial and business transactions. My life, married with 2 children, left me time to be creative always working in a new medium . When my husband  passed away, I was totally unprepared for the reality of figuring out business things on my own and for the dishonest people out there. And so, I am still learning about things that I have little interest in, that take me away from my natural creative side.

I think that Connie has done an amazing job juggling both sides of her personality and I am thrilled to say that she is such a big part of Remnants.  Please welcome Connie!

xoxo

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment