Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

Valentine’s Day is not an occasion that my husband and I usually celebrate. Our anniversary is at the beginning of February and we consider that a much more meaningful day to celebrate. It has been 20 years this year!! We made an exception this year. My dear husband thought it would be wonderful for me to go shopping at a local department store while he snoozed in the car. Little did he know that shopping to me is like pulling my fingernails out. Take me to Anthropologie and have my cute daughter pull an outfit together for me or take me to a flea market and that is my idea of shopping. One store, try on an outfit buy it and then leave and go to lunch. No, I am to wander aimlessly through a store by myself to shop. I wander for two hours becoming increasing frustrated and come out with two pairs of brown socks. Exciting! I come out to the car and no husband. Now, I am thinking and this supposed to be fun. Finally, he appears with a smile on his face and says “Did you have fun?” My dear husband thinks that he is the luckiest man alive to have a wife that hates to shop.



Our day gets better, thank goodness. We have one beautiful day in between storms and we head to the beach to this great restaurant at the end of the Pier. It is beautiful…Puffy white clouds, ocean and my man. Now that is celebrating Valentine’s Day. Here are some pictures of our day.


Valentine' Day 374   


 Valentine' Day 383   What a cute couple!Valentine' Day 377 


Some big boys... 


Valentine' Day 388


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


My cute husband.



No comments:

Post a Comment