Monday, October 15, 2012

Antiques from Memory Lane

IMG_5520 

Nancy of Antiques from Memory Lane was a customer of mine for many years and now a veteran dealer of Remnants.  Nancy collections of vintage fabric, buttons and her handmade creations are beautiful.  Here is Nancy...


  1.  What is the funniest item that you have purchased at an antique show or flea market and why?


The funniest item I've purchased....not really funny, but fun!  A dealer (store) Don & I frequent in Renton Washington always passes on good deals to us when we come in.  He pointed out a rather ugly vase and said "It books for $1800.  I've had it in my store for 5 years. I'll give it to you for a little over what I bought it for and you can try it in your market.". 


So I bought the ugly vase for $185 & sold it in my shop when I was at Old Edna for $1200!    The nice shop owner, (and we've gotten many other terrific deals from him). St Charles Place, Renton, WA.

2.  If you had to leave your home immediately because of a natural disaster, what would be the first collection you would grab and why?



What collection of mine would I grab first if I had to leave quickly...?? I've always had an affinity for buttons, lace & antique textiles.  Just last week while clearing out our parents home I came across a little draw string bag made of silk, dress velvet & lace which I made for my mother-in-law when I was a very young woman.  I realized at that moment how deep & enduring this marriage has been: my love for vintage textiles.  It's my passion & I cannot keep my hands off an old piece of fabric.   Still, in an emergency I'd probably walk away with my animals and family photo's.  :-)


3:  If you were to write a book about your life, what would the title be and why?


The title of my book?  My Lifelong Quest to Find Quiet Time.  :-). Like every other woman no doubt.

Please welcome Nancy!

xoxo

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment