Monday, October 8, 2012

Down Home Antiques

IMG_5501

I met Peggy and Don of Down Home Antiques when they would come to shop at Remnants.  Their taste is impeccable, creative and they are a wonderful couple that I just love.  Here are their answers to my questions.

1.  What is the funniest antique item that you have purchased at an antique show or flea market and why?

 The funniest item I ever purchased at an antique show was a wrought iron cat. He is so ugly he's cute! I walked past him twice at the show and just couldn't leave him behind. My daughter thinks he looks like he's been through a fire and he has creepy cloudy eyes but just has this fabulous folk art appeal! I even attached a photo of the little cat, I've named William, to give you the full idea of what he looks like!

2.  If you had to immediately leave your home because of a natural disaster, what antique collection would you grab and why?

 If I had to leave my home due to a natural disaster I'd have to grab family photographs and family heirlooms, but my antique mohair teddy bear collection would be next! The idea of those dearly loved, thread-barren teddy bears being ruined in a disaster is almost heartbreaking!
3.  If were to write a book about your life, what would the title be and why?

 If I were to write a book about my life, the title would have to be "Don't Follow Me, I Don't Know Where I'm Going." First of all, my natural sense of direction just doesn't exist, but I feel I always fly by the seat of my pants and really, shouldn't life be lived in the moment? 

Please welcome Peggy and Don of Down Home Antiques!

xoxo

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment