Friday, October 5, 2012

Dee Faust-Harvey of Studio Dee

549490_3707075320804_1322820827_n

I have been an admirer of Dee Faust-Harvey's of Studio Dee for many years.  The holidays are my favorite time of year and Dee's passion and creativity come to life during this time.  I am so excited to have Dee apart of Remnants!  I love having handmade items with the vintage.  Dee is also an editor for Better Homes and Gardens Creative Collection and has been a licensed designer for Bethany Lowe Designs for over 10 years. Here is a little insight to Dee.


1.  What is the funniest antique item that you have purchased from a flea market or antique show? and why?

A few years ago I went to Brimfield Antique Show and came across a really, really large sized mannequin.  There was something about her that I just could not pass up.  The funny part was getting her back to California from Connecticut.  I was shopping with Bethany Lowe who had drove from Illinois.  So in the mannequin went by truck back to Beth's house.  From there she sat a while until I think one of Beth's kids drove out to California and brought her to me.  I still love this purchase!
2.  If you had to leave your home because of a natural disaster, what antique collection of yours would you grab first and why?

I would not leave home without the love letters that my dad sent my mom when he was in the service.  What makes these extra endearing is that my dad hand-illustrated each envelope.  My most valuable treasure!


3.  If you were to write a book about your life, what would the title be and why?

Charmed Life - living the creative dream. . .
Because I followed my passion and it is pure creative bliss everyday!

Please welcome Dee!

xoxo

Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment