Thursday, October 11, 2012

Nicol Sayre


IMG_5597

I first met Nicol Sayre through the pages of Country Living Magazine. What I love of what Nicol does is her passion for the handmade, a by-gone era of creating.  Nicol has a passion for antique dolls and vintage toys and sewing which she draws her inspiration from to create her one-of-a-kind dolls. Here is Nicol...icol has a passion for antique dolls, toys and sewing and household implements. It is from these collec

1.  What is the funniest antique item that you have purchased from an antique show or flea market? and why?


       I have to say that most items I  purchase have a  very quirky bent... but the most unusual lately have been  antique leather doll  bodies ...without heads or arms and legs sometimes! I just love the  articulation and form of them. 

2.  If you had to leave your home because of a natural disaster, what collection of yours would you grab first and why?



Definitely, my family antiques that have been passed down. I have some engraved spoons that belonged to my great grandmother who died in 1919 in Estonia. They were hidden and  carried by my grandmother  as they fled during the war and made their way to America  to be passed down to me.  I  so want to know the history and family adventures that  these spoons have seen and want to make sure they  and their stories are passed on to my  own children. 

3.  If you were to write a book about your life, what would the title be and why?



Obviously, the book would be titled   ...    " Living in a Doll House " . 



Please welcome Nicol Sayre!



xoxo



Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment