Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sunset Savor the Central Coast





At the first of the week, I wrote a post about the pleasures of visiting and living in San Luis Obispo. What that post revealed to me as I was doing my research, was the wonderful things to do and see here.  I am very fortunate to live in an area that has many of the most wonderful wines!  Our city sponsors the Sunset Savor the Coast Event which is held in September with the best wines in the area and chefs.  Even more fun, is that we now have the SLO Marathon.  Part of of the SLO Marathon Weekend experience, Sunset Magazine is featuring their new special April edition which is called Savor Adventure Tour over this same weekend.  So inquiring minds need to know, I wanted to know what is involved with this tour.  One tour is exploring SLO Wine Country's territory.  There will be five winemakers which will taste you through a line of the best wine in our region.  You will then experience a perfectly pair lunch which will highlight additional wines from our region. Participating vineyards are:


Mike Sinor of Sinor-LaVallee will be the moderator.


                             

Next, one of my favorites, is to be a pastry Chef for the day at Madonna Inn.  You will be sipping a glass of champagne while learning the unique history of this landmark hotel and then be able to decorate your own Madonna Inn cake.  My favorite, their toffee crunch cake!

I know what I will be doing the weekend of April 6th!  Come join many of us and enjoy this beautiful area we call SLO!  For more info and more tours, please visit the Sunset April Adventure Tours.

XOXO

Judy

1 comment: