Thursday, April 11, 2013

United Way and Imagination Library


kids



Every show, Remnants is someway involved in giving back to our community. For our June 2013 Show, I will be supporting United Way of San Luis Obispo. I feel that not only should we support nationally, globally but also locally. I love that United Way is committed to supporting our local community with educating our community, helping people realize their dreams and encouraging our community to be healthy. One of the programs that United Way supports is Imagination Library. This program was created by Dolly Parton to encourage learning with our children and getting them excited about reading. Children enrolled in the program will receive a new, age appropriate book every month from enrollment through five years of age. I am very excited to support Imagination Library. Remnants of the Past hopes to raise $10,000 this upcoming show. United Way volunteers will be selling Remnants of the Past t-shirts (they are darling) and jute bags at the entrance of the show for $20.00 which the money raised will fully fund United Way for this program.


<span class=


I cannot imagine not having the opportunity to read when I was young so please join me in supporting this wonderful cause. Hope to see you soon!

xoxo
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment