Tuesday, September 18, 2012

British Route Sign Designs

555739_450043781694141_1718991361_n


I remember the first time I met DeWayne of British Route Sign Designs. My husband and I had decided to go to the Alameda Flea Market even though there was a prediction of rain. There were very few vendors and DeWayne was one of them huddle under his tent with rain pouring down but he was so gracious in taking the time to explain the history of the bus rolls I was purchasing. This memory has stuck in my mind and I am thrilled to have him a part of Remnants! Here are his answers to my questions.

--What is the funniest antique item that you have purchased from an antique show or flea market? and why?

Funniest: I bought a tall rolling metal chair from a convalescent home over 5 years ago because I thought it looked industrial. I took the foot rests off to disguise its origins, but that doesn't seem to have worked. Everyone who looks at it immediately thinks of it as something Eleanor would have pushed President Roosevelt around the White House in. Luckily, it's super comfortable because I'll probably have it long enough to use it for its original purpose in my golden years!!!


If you had to leave your home because of a natural disaster, what collection of yours would you grab first and why?

My parents kept all my artwork & special projects from first grade all the way through high school graduation. Over the years, I've edited the collection down to a single cardboard file box. I'd grab that box before anything I've ever purchased because it's irreplaceable and full of memories.

If you were to write a book about your life, what would the title be and why?

"Untitled: Work in Progress"

If you haven't met DeWayne, you must stop by his booth because he is utterly charming and delightful! Please welcome DeWayne!

xoxo
Judy






No comments:

Post a Comment